E. coli Conference Aug. 17-18 in Chicago
The conference, designed for processors who produce ground beef, mechanically tenderized steaks and other non-intact beef products, will feature the very latest information about the most challenging topics beef processors are facing today. Speakers include:
• Dr. Dan Engeljohn, Deputy Assistant Administrator, USDA FSIS Office of Policy & Program Development, on validation and E. coli policies.
• Dr. Jim Marsden, Regent's Distinguished Professor of Meat Science at Kansas State University, on non-O157 STECs and processing interventions.
• Dr. Mohammad Koohmaraie, CEO of the Meat Division at IEH Laboratories, on laboratory methods and prevalence of non-O157 STECs.
• Dr. Barb Masters, Senior Policy Advisor at Washington D.C.'s OFW Law on sampling and preventing recalls.
• Dr. Kerri Harris, President, International HACCP Alliance, on addressing interventions in HACCP Plans, and non-intact steaks.
Registration fee for the two-day conference is $549 for USMEF members and its partner organizations, $649 for non-members. Please visit www.namp.com to register.